How to install Ascension on your PC or Mac:
Download Ascension 1.5.1 full version from your store of purchase. Need to contact support? Click here.
We recommend downloading to your PC's 'Documents' (or another disk partition / Hard Drive - SSD recommended. Mac users we recommend: User > Music > Audio Music Apps) folder to avoid any permissions issues. You can move your Data Library at a later date if your Home drive is short of space.
Unzip your download/s ensuring you encounter no errors.
Ascension’s installer application will prompt you agree with the software license, after this step select which plugins you would like to install, and your VST3 plugins directory (PC only, Mac locations are fixed).
Once the installer has completed we recommend that you restart your PC or Mac.
Once installed, open an instance of Ascension in your 64-Bit DAW, you will then be prompted to locate your ‘data’ library folder.
Once you have installed Ascension, the plugin will run in Demo Mode until registered. Demo Mode this is characterised by loud bursts of white noise - be careful with those ears!
To register Ascension make sure you have your Serial Code to hand. Your Serial was emailed to you when you purchased Ascension / and available in your store's account section. If you cannot find your Serial Code please contact support at your store of purchase.
• Open the Ascension Plug-In and click the blue ‘OPTIONS’ button on the right hand side of the plugin interface, then choose ‘Settings’.
• Enter your Serial Code, name and email address, and Hardware ID, then click ‘I’m not a robot’....
• Click ‘Download License File’. You will then be prompted to download and save your License File - save the file to your Desktop or Documents folder..
• Reopen Ascension and click ‘OPTIONS’, then choose ‘Settings’.
• Click ‘Import License’.
• Navigate to the location of your License File (the filename will be: 'your-name-license.asl’).
• Ascension will then confirm that your plugin is licensed.
Need Help? Click here....
Ascension Crashes my DAW or does not accept my license file:
Perform a clean install. Please follow these steps carefully:
• Locate and delete your Ascension Data Library folder, you can find this by choosing 'Open Data Folder' from Ascension's Browser Menu here:
• Delete your Ascension Configuration Folder (find out more here):
(PC location) 'Documents > CubicAudio > Ascension'
(Mac location) 'Mac HD > Library > Application Support > CubicAudio > Ascension'
• Re-download Ascension 1.5.1 from your store of purchase and unzip the file, ensuring that you receive no errors.
• Re-install Ascension 1.5.1.
• Open your DAW and launch Ascension - you will be prompted to locate your 'data' library folder - ensure that you choose the 'data' folder from your new download - version 1.0.1 data is not compatible with Ascension 1.5 or above.
• Generate a new license file using your serial number and activation link - do not use any special characters in your name, ensure that your email address is correct. Save this file to your desktop.
• Open the Ascension in your DAW.
• Choose Ascension > OPTIONS > Settings
• Choose 'Import License', using the 'my-name.license.asl' file from your desktop.
If Ascension is correctly licensed you will see your name on the Settings screen:
If you still receive a crash please use this form to send us some details about your issue, screen shots and video captures are helpful, along with a description of what you were doing at the time plus a crash report (most DAWs such as Logic X, Ableton Live and Cubase create these, along with system reports for Windows and Mac OSX too).
Need to contact support? Click here....