How to install Ascension on your PC or Mac:
Unzip your download/s ensuring you encounter no errors. Ascension’s installer application will prompt you agree with the software license, then select which plugins you would like to install, and your VST plugins directory (PC only, Mac locations are fixed).
Once installed, open an instance of Ascension in your 64-Bit DAW, you will then be prompted to locate your ‘data’ library folder.
Once you have installed Ascension, the plugin will run in demo mode until registered.
To register Ascension make sure you have your Serial Code to hand. This was emailed to you when you purchased Ascension. If you cannot find your Serial Code please contact support at your store of purchase.
• Open the plugin and click the blue ‘OPTIONS’ button on the right hand side of the plugin interface, then choose ‘Settings’.
• On this tab you will see your ‘Hardware ID’. Click to copy your ID and then visit the Ascension activation page - click here.
• Enter your Serial Code, name and email address, and Hardware ID, then click ‘I’m not a robot’....
• Click ‘Download License File’. You will then be prompted to download and save your License File.
• Reopen Ascension and click ‘OPTIONS’, then choose ‘Settings’.
• Click ‘Import License’.
• Navigate to the location of your License File (the filename will be: 'your-name-license.asl’).
• Ascension will then confirm that your plugin is licensed.
Need Help? Click here....
Ascension does not accept my license file:
Perform a clean install. Please follow these steps carefully:
• Locate and delete your Ascension Data Library folder, you can find this by choosing 'Open Data Folder' from Ascension's Browser Menu here:
• Delete your Ascension configuration folder:
(PC location) 'Documents > CubicAudio > Ascension'
(Mac location) 'Mac HD > Library > Application Support > CubicAudio > Ascension'
• Re-download Ascension 1.5 from your store of purchase and unzip the file, ensuring that you receive no errors.
• Re-install Ascension 1.5.
• Open your DAW and launch Ascension - you will be prompted to locate your 'data' library folder - ensure that you choose the 'data' folder from your new download - version 1.0.1 data is not compatible with Ascension 1.5 or above.
• Generate a new license file using your serial number and activation link - do not use any special characters in your name, ensure that your email address is correct. Save this file to your desktop.
• Open the Ascension in your DAW.
• Choose Ascension > OPTIONS > Settings
• Choose 'Import License', using the 'my-name.license.asl' file from your desktop.
If Ascension is correctly licensed you will see your name on the Settings screen:
Need Help? Click here....