Manual & Guide Download
Need help fast? Check out our Quick Install & Trouble Shooting Guides here. These contain instructions on how to install and license your plugins for PC & Mac, as well as some common problems along with fixes for them.
Need to dive deeper into Ascension's functions? Grab a copy of the latest manual right here.
Can't find the answer? Contact us here.
Find answers to some common issues here...
How do I install Ascension?
Easy! Find out how in our quick video guides for PC and Mac here.
My plugin makes frequent bursts of white noise:
The plugin is running in demo mode. You need to license Ascension. Use your serial number and this link to generate a new license file. Please note that the demo plugin cannot be registered - you must purchase the full version.
If you use version 1.0.1 and Ascension is not accepting your licence, please read this article.
Ascension plugin does not show up my DAW:
Ensure that you have configured your 64-Bit DAW software to search for your plugins in the directories you set when you installed Ascension 1.5.
For Mac users these locations are fixed to ‘Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components/ VST/ VST3’.
Ascension crashes my DAW:
If you have upgraded from version 1.0.1, or copied your files to a new PC or Mac, you may have to re-install Ascension.
Follow these steps:
• Locate your ‘Cubic Audio’ > ‘Ascension’ folder and delete / move to trash / bin, you can find it here:
Windows location: 'Documents > CubicAudio > Ascension'
Mac Location: 'Mac HD > Library > Application Support > CubicAudio > Ascension'
N.B. This will remove any custom preset tags that you have added.
• Reinstall Ascension 1.5. You will be prompted to re-locate your ‘data’ library folder.
• Ensure that you point Ascension towards the 1.5 Data Library folder that came with your new download - the version 1.0.1 data folder is not compatible.
If you still receive a crash please send us some details about your issue, screen shots are helpful, along with a description of what you were doing at the time plus a crash report (most DAW's such as Logic X, Ableton Live and Cubase create these, along with system reports for Windows and Mac OSX too).
Ascension does not accept my license file:
If you are using Ascension 1.0.1 please read this article.
For Ascension 1.5 users see this article.
My custom preset tags do not show up:
Open Ascension’s Browser window and Menu > Refresh Items from the drop down next to the search box.
32-Bit Support Removed:
If you previously used only the 32-Bit version of Ascension version 1.0.1, you can rename Ascension_64.dll the Ascension.dll, this will allow your DAW to recognise the plugin in your projects. Please make sure the DAW you use supports 64-Bit VST plugs.
My Plugin does not show up in Pro Tools:
Ascension is a VST/ VST3 and Audio Unit Plugin. Pro Tools use their own format (AAX/ formerly RTAS/ TDM), and does not support either VST or AU. Search Google for solutions - however we do not support Ascension when using bridging software of any kind.
Moving your Data Library Folder:
If you would like to relocate your ‘data’ folder, follow these steps:
• Close your DAW and any instances of Ascension.
• Visit your Ascension Folder.
(PC Location) 'Documents > CubicAudio > Ascension'
(Mac Location) 'Mac HD > Library > Application Support > CubicAudio > Ascension'
• Delete the file named ‘data.dv’
• The next time you open Ascension you will be prompted to locate your new ‘data’ folder location.
Tip: You can locate your folder by opening Ascension > Browser > Menu > Open Data Folder
• The VST3 plugin does not show preset names in saved projects in some DAW’s - this does not affect Ascension’s functionality. We hope to have this fixed very soon.
• High frequency noise on the default Sine wave oscillator. This has already been remedied and will be rolled out on the next update.
• Modulation Envelopes 3 and 4 do not behave as expected. This will be adressed in a future update.